Stop using Outlook to export and/or import PST for your mailboxes. By using the Powershell commands (New-MailboxExportRequest and New-MailboxImportRequest) I have saved much time. And they come with some useful options.
Here some simple and interesting examples:
Simple mailbox export
[PS] C:\> New-MailboxImportRequest -Mailbox "user1" -FilePath "\\MYSERVER\PST\user1.pst"
The path must be an UNC path, a shared folder. After executing the … Read more
When export a PST using the New-MailboxExportRequest command, a UNC path is a mandatory parameter to set the target folder where the PST file will be saved.
Probably, that folder will not have the correct to permissions to allow Exchange to write into it, so the command would return this error:
[PS] C:\> New-MailboxExportRequest "user1" -FilePath "\\MYSERVER\PST\user1.pst"
Unable to open
… Read more
I created some room mailboxes in Exchange 2010 and gave book permissions to some users using EMC (Exchange Management Console).
Now, after migrating all my mailboxes to Exchange 2013, I need to change some permissions on the room mailboxes. But no way to perform the changes in the web console.
The only way to view and modify booking permissions is … Read more
Some users notified me that some external recipients could not open sent attachments.
After some tests I realized that the problem only appeared for external contacts.
When sending this email…
to a contact configured in the Active Directory, the Gmail web client showed this:
The same recipient without existing in Active Directory receives the email correctly:
My users notified that … Read more
As explained in a previous post (Exchange 2013 – Search results limited to 250), there is reported bug in Exchange 2013 that limits the search results to 250.
Microsoft released CU11 (Exchange 2013 – CU 11 released) that was supposed to fix (among others) this bug. Unfortunately, after updating and testing… no success.
I opened a … Read more
After migrating all my mailboxes, etc… to Exchange 2013, I am in process of uninstalling the legacy Exchange 2010 servers. Some minutes after deleting a public folder some users started to report issues with their Outlook clients… (emails stuck on the outbox, no new emails on the inbox…)
Checking the "Outlook Connection Status" I could see continuous connections and disconnections … Read more
Exchange 2013 cumulative update CU11 was released on 15 December!
It solves some important problems but I was looking forward to hearing good news regarding the searches limitation to 250 bug 😀
See Exchange 2013 – Search results limited to 250 – SomoIT
[UPDATE Jan 11 2016]
Just installed Exchange 2013 CU11 and the issue still not solved for … Read more
A few weeks ago some users reported issues with email searches as Outlook returned 250 results maximum.
I usually dont perform big searches in my mailbox so I didnt know if I also had the problem but after some tests I realized that several factors came into play:
– Outlook option to limit searches
To allow big amount of … Read more
Today some users have reported an issue with emails that have been received with hours of delay
I've traced one of the emails on my Ironports and I've seen the following…
So it seemed Exchange couldnt accept the message from Ironport because of "Insufficient system resources" (finally after hours the message had been delivered).
Checking the Exchange server memory showed … Read more